Sunday, May 1, 2022

No spooks here

 Over on her blog, Morningstar has a post about a spooky adventure. And since I've been watching Supernatural with my youngest monster child, my mind had no problem taking a wander. Were there any haunted places close to home? Well, there were quite a few! Of course, there's haunted locations all around New Brunswick, but for some reason, I didn't expect to find some documented ghosties right in my own backyard. "Ooh, how much fun it would be to go check these places out!" 

*sigh* I have very non-adventurous people living in my house. No one wants to go ghost hunting with me. Spoil sports.

In the interests of not giving my exact location away, here's a link to some haunted locations in New Brunswick.  I'd love to go see some of these places. Haunted or not, I'm just fascinated by all things "old".

When we bought this house, the real estate agent pulled us aside, away from the kids to let us know that "someone had killed himself in the house."  I was halfway expecting all sorts of hairy scary things to go on. We've been here 5 years now and while lots of crappy "how could we have such bad luck" things have happened, I doubt any of it can be attributed to a restless spirit. I'm a little disappointed that I've never felt, seen, or heard anything here. Also, I tried looking online to see if I could find out anything about any deaths that happened in this house, but no luck. Maybe the real estate agent just thought we looked the type to really want to buy a house that could potentially be haunted.

BUT... ask my 15 year old, and you might hear some tales. Like taking her dogs out late at night (1 a.m.-ish late) and hearing me calling from down the road. Apparently the doggies heard it too. Well, I'm in bed by 9 p.m. folks, so it wasn't me. And we have NO neighbors. No late-night walkers on the highway. When I say we live in the middle of nowhere, I'm not exaggerating even a bit. There's been some doors randomly opening. Or hearing knocking in the middle of the night. Her little dog sits in the kitchen at night and barks non-stop at the porch door. 

I don't think we have any ghosts hanging out with us. I think the kid AND the dog are simply suffering from late-night heebie-jeebies when everyone else is asleep and you're trying to get a midnight snack in a dark kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...