Friday, May 13, 2022

New Job

 Well, it looks like hubby's snagged himself a new job. He's doing the driving test now as I write this. Of course, I have no doubt that he'll get through that with flying colors. He's been driving for almost three years. But all the official paperwork from the company came through my email so I got first look at it all and confirmed that he does, indeed, have a new job. (I guess they're not expecting him to fail a simple driving test either lol)

He'll be making more per mile, more per stop, more per layover. Just more of everything. And he gets a uniform lol. I don't know that it'd be the kind of uniform that turns a girl on, but if it'll keep his everyday clothes from being covered in truck smells and oil, I'm all for it. 

What I don't like is that it's still the same job. He's still not going to be home. Perhaps sometime in the future there will be more local work available and he'll be there to grab it if it happens. For now though, I guess we'll just have to see where he ends up. I'm hoping for at least a more regular schedule, Monday to Friday type of thing. Right now, he's up and gone any day of the week and sometime gone for three days, sometimes five, sometimes off for four days at a time, but sometimes only home for one night. I think if I know what to expect, I can deal with it better. I'm hoping, anyway.

It's HOT here today. 30 degrees, in May, in New Brunswick... what?? I mean, I remember not so long ago that us Canadians had to wait til May 24th to get gardens planted, at the earliest. Now it seems like we could safely start in late April or early May. I've never complained much about heat before. I like heat. I don't get hot. In fact, most summers I have a light sweater on for most of it. Not so much the last few years. 

One of my kids that lives in Ontario, is needing to rehome their dog. He's a pup from a litter we had that we kept three of. I do not want another dog in the house, and certainly not another male. We only have one male, the oldest at 9 years, and so do not want another. But I was begged to please take him. And how do you say no to your sobbing baby when they're so far away and you can't do anything else to help make life easier? *sigh* When I told my kids our doors were always open if they needed us, I was not expecting the furry grandchildren. 

Well, everyone's out of the house today, so I think I'm going to go enjoy some quiet TV watching time. 

4 comments:

  1. Well, isn't that just frustrating. The more is good, but not being away.
    I love the hot weather. We are the same here...

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Boo! Yes, frustrating is the word. Can't have it all, I guess. Will try not to complain too much about it. He loves everything about driving except that he's never home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the new job has perks for both of you. I understand about helping with the furry grandchildren. But mostly I just have to baby set them for a few days at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PK :) It sounds like he might get to be home a couple nights through the week, so that will be different and nice for a change.

      Delete

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...