Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Updates

 My strawberry eating felons chickens are now locked up. 

My goats have been dewormed, sprayed for lice, and moved to a bigger section of the barn.

I have finally planted asparagus. 

The garlic that I planted last fall and thought the chickens had eaten is doing just fine.

If you throw a frisbee for two hours for an obsessed dog, your arm WILL hurt. 

My father, who had stayed with us for a month or so and then got into a mood and packed up and left without saying goodbye to me (though he had no problem having hubby drive him back to the hell from whence he came) called the other day. We haven't talked since the day he left. I don't even know how long it's been. Less than a year? Or is it more like a year and a half? Well, whatever. I didn't return the call. I'm not putting myself through it anymore. He'll be 87 this year. I wonder if he's finally starting to realize that he has no one left except my money-sucking brothers. They'll tolerate him and humor him because they think they'll get something out of it, and maybe they're still a little scared of him. I don't want anything to do with him. I figure the oldest sibling, my sister, will probably be the one that deals with it all when he finally keels over. None of us talk to each other so I don't know how all those details will be worked out in the end.

Hubby, having spent 20 years trying to figure out what makes me tick, is learning at an amazing rate how to lead me along the path to some pretty amazing orgasms. He's adjusting to all the things, but I'm hyper-focused on sex right now. And wishing we'd figured this all out 20 years ago. Or even 30. Just... why now?? We're getting older and there's no way around having to make changes to accommodate our creaky bones and there are just some things that we cannot do. 

And, we're hoping that by this Sunday hubby may have a new job! It's still gonna be driving a stupid truck 😢 but it is better pay. And when your roof is leaking and needs replacing... well, taking a pay cut probably isn't the way to go. But it does sound like his schedule will be predictable and I guess that'll be nice. 

4 comments:

  1. Penelope,
    Storm and I have added a yoga/exercise ball to some of our activities. It's takes the pressure off of my knees and doesn't smash my tits. lmao It would probably hold up under those awesome orgasms you have.

    Happy to hear your garlic survived. I will think of you and your chickens when I transfer strawberry plants this year .....I cheated and bought them. lol Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Windy, that made me think of a big old beanbag chair we used to have. I liked it cuz you'd fall into it and it would just hug and hold you in whatever position you liked. I will be discussing an exercise ball with the man. Something that takes the pressure of my knees AND doesn't squish my tits? WIN!
      As far as strawberries go... well, I might not have 60 plants anymore, but what's left is nice and green and healthy looking, at least. I'd like to cheat and buy some too, but patience is a virtue... I mean cheaper. I hope yours grow well and find their way into some nice strawberry shortcakes and bottles of jam, and fresh with cream.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Penelope! I love that you think I can make jam. I am an embarrassment to my redneck roots (except for fishing! ha!). Yes, just arrange your boobs the way you want on the yoga ball so they don't feel smushed in the wrong places!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windy, of course you can make jam! It takes about 20 minutes, 1 lb of strawberries, sugar, and some lemon juice. I'm not talking 3 days in the kitchen canning 50 jars of the stuff. mm-mmm fresh jam...

    ReplyDelete

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...