Friday, May 20, 2022

Oops

 I'm the budget person around here. I've got it all under control, right down to literally the last penny... until I don't.

I went merrily on my way at about 5:30 AM, click, click, click, pay, pay, pay... 

And then I looked.

And looked again.

OOPS!

I'd forgotten to shift something from one column to the other, paid everything in full, only to find that there was this one thing left that MUST be paid. No borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. I've really got to stop trying to use my big brain when I haven't even had my coffee yet. 

Today, Garf has a drug test to do for his new job... it's a long-ish drive to get there and with gas prices... But it's gotta get done.

Also, there will be that wait of an extra week for a pay while he makes the switch from one company to the other. 

I have a child turning 15 tomorrow. Child wanted roller skates. Pride roller skates. That just happen to be on sale at about 50% off.  And even though we'd already bought and given a Nintendo Switch as an early present, I really wanted to get the damn skates. And had all my duckies lined up in a nice row so I could do that. Now I can't. I want to cry. 

Do I care that I've literally left us without money for at least 2 weeks? Nope. All bills are paid, there's food, gas in the tank, pet food, chicken feed, hay for goats. We can manage without extras for a couple of weeks. 

But the skates... 

*disappointed mommy sounds*

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is really disappointing - for you, not your child. We mom don't try to spoil our kids, but we love to be able to get them what they want. But it sounds like you're in good shape overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK - It just means that I'll be paying full price for those stupid skates next month probably. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...