Sunday, April 24, 2022

Yesterday

"What color collar? Red or Black?"

"For who?"

Sigh... Did I really have to ask that? After father and son were done laughing like idiots - 

"For the dog, of course." Well, of course.

In case anyone's interested, the pup is now wearing a pretty red collar - which she doesn't seem overly fond of. And she probably doesn't understand why I'm glaring at her, or feeling just a wee bit jealous.


I'm not that jealous though - the man brought me a present too. I can walk by, hit a button, take the dogs out and it's ready as I pass by again. He remembered to supply me with coffee, too.


Earlier in the day, he was feeling adventurous (sexually adventurous which is unusual for this vanilla man) and sent me a picture and said, "I want one."  So I went to my favorite store - Pink Cherry - and popped some stuff into my shopping cart. "Not right now. I'll wait. Save the money." 

But - "It's on sale! It might not be on sale later." Still a no though, so I sighed and closed up shop. Maybe he wasn't feeling that adventurous. 

I'm not going to complain. We'd had a wonderful morning that was unlike our usual mornings AND I get fast, easy coffee whenever I want. I am a little confused though... It was HIS birthday earlier in the week, not mine. Why did I get the present and not him? 

I'm a little sad this morning. He's off to work again and will be gone til Wednesday night, maybe Thursday. And after months, and months (and more months) of ugly between us, it finally feels like we're reading the same book again. Maybe not on the same page yet, but I think we're at least on the same book. Or maybe it's just the same genre. Okay, okay... it's more like Story of O vs. any Harlequin Romance,  but it's okay - We don't hate each other right now. 


I gotta say, it's hard to work on this relationship when I only see him 8 days out of a month. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...