Monday, April 25, 2022

Being Submissive - Part 2

 Ok, so I dumped a husband on our first anniversary. This was a Wednesday night. Friday night, my older brother (who lived in the basement of my house) and his girlfriend dragged me out to a bar for karaoke night. Well, I wasn't going to turn down an excuse to get my drunk on. It had been quite a year. My sister-in-law, who also lived in my house, (It was a big house that belonged to my parents who had left my brother and I in charge of it while they were in different provinces taking care of aging parents) stepped in to babysit for me. God, I miss her. We fell out of touch eventually as we both moved to different provinces, but she was my best friend for a long time. 

So anyway... out to the bar we go. We bought our first drinks and I sat down in a random chair while brother and his gf went off to play some pool. I said something quietly (so I thought) under my breath about the person who was belting out a Neil Diamond song and a guy sitting in front of me laughed. That was the beginning.

Well, eventually, brother, gf and I grabbed a table and settled in. Drinking away, and then I hear some guy belting out some Def Leppard and he nailed it. A little bit later on it was, "Hurts So Good." I look up to see who's singing... And I was in love. Just like that. This was the same guy who'd laughed at what I'd said about Kermit (Nickname for the Neil Diamon guy... everyone called him that. He was a regular there). Now, some people don't always "get" my kind of humor. I amuse myself greatly, but not always everyone else. Anyway, turns out that brother's gf knew him, was friends with him... and he's been laughing at my jokes ever since.

The first time he ever visted me at my house, I didn't know anyone had let him in and waltzed out of the bathroom waving a pregnancy test to show my sister-in-law and brother's gf that, yes, indeed I was actually pregnant and almost bowled him over right back down the stairs to the front door. He didn't run away. I had two kids already, another on the way... and he didn't run away. 

I never did learn how to say no. We have 5 kids all together. He has one son from a previous relationship, but that one wasn't raised by us.  

Tomorrow I'll get to the rest of this story - I swear I'm gonna get to the point eventually. I guess I just felt like rambling a bit today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...