Monday, June 13, 2022

Rain = Break

 It's not raining... yet. But that's okay because I stayed in bed a bit later this morning and still have to get out and feed the critters. But we are expecting some rain and I could use the break.

Everything is done. Everything is finally planted. Every bit of the property has been mowed, some bits twice. The very last of the garbage and weird junky things are packed up and ready for tomorrow morning. I got some weeding done in the gardens. We finally sorted through a pile of cedar slabs that we got last year and cut up the useless stuff and have a nice little pile of slabs I can use to keep the dogs out of my gardens.

My outdoor jobs have been reduced to feeding, watering and weeding. 

Next job, if I can find the get up and go, is to go through the freezer and can whatever I can to make room for chickens. 

It's hot.

I don't want to be awake.

My body doesn't want to move.

I'm going to enjoy my coffee. The critters can wait. 

2 comments:

  1. I wish we were anticipating some rain - hot here like most places I hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty disgusting with rain. The humidity is terrible. It DID finally cool down a bit last night though, which was really nice. It's not quite 6 AM now, 14 Celsius 57(F) so that's really manageable - but the mosquitos!!!!

      Delete

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...