Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Quick update

 We're so, so busy here!

Garf's busy with his new job. Busy, as in he's gone for 5 days a week instead of 3 or 4. Good for paycheck, crappy for us. But considering our washer just crapped out the other day, I can't really complain. We need the paycheck.

I should mention that the washer crapped out the day we butchered chickens. *sigh* 

We did 8 one day, 26 the next, and there's still a handful left, maybe 9 or so. I didn't even know we had that many. I guess I lost count after we'd sold some last fall, in two separate batches. Besides, it's awfully hard to count that many heads unless you want to do it with a flashlight after dark. I didn't. At least we've got enough chicken in the freezer for the year, or close to it. I dehydrated the feet for the doggies. They don't go far with six dogs...

But now that we've got down to a manageable number of birds, it's time to move them to a smaller space and tidy things up. And I need to prepare spaces for quails and rabbits next spring.

Cucumber beetles are eating my plants. Some diatomaceous earth should take care of that problem.

I've finally spouted some tomato plants. Gosh, they take forever when starting from seed. 

I've got the start on a heated garden bed that will help extend my season, and get my seeds started early next year. (Can't start seeds in the house because we have asshole cats)

I don't know if the pumpkins will survive my frisbee throwing skills. I almost decapitated one the other night. Last night, I watched in horror as the frisbee started a left turn and landed BEHIND the trellis and the dog gleefully went after it. 

I forgot to plant my dill and chamomile. 😒

I plucked a newly ripe strawberry from one of the plants - shh, don't tell anyone. 

The grape vine has rewarded our pruning attempts by growing two bunches already. 

My garden is being taken over by ivy very quickly. It's growing from out of the forest beside us. I'm so tired of trying to destroy this crap. We'll be hunting for the root ball next time Garf comes home. I was thinking that next year I'll be planting in buckets all over... but why wait? I might as well just transplant the whole damn thing now and see if we can save some plants.

Peas and beans are thriving. They always do. Even I can't kill those.

I am SO TIRED!

Well, this sure is a blog filled with steamy spanking stuff, ain't it?

Real life sucks sometimes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Still alive

 Just dropping in to say I'm still alive. Busy, as usual. I have some odd plans cooking up in my brain. When/if I have time, perhaps I&#...